You will play a pivotal role in supporting Group-wide with all legal and compliance-related issues, activities and projects, ensuring that all business areas operate seamlessly both domestically and overseas. Whilst STR’s head office is in the UK, the role will also support the Group’s US and Swiss offices.
- Working as an integral part of the wider in-house Legal & Compliance Team, supporting both the Legal & Compliance Director and the Contractor Onboarding Team
- Managing the Group’s ISO 9001:2015 audit process
- Helping prepare and collate all required documentation/information for internal and external audits, including proactive Group-wide spot checks prior to audits to identify any concerns and ensure compliance in all areas
- Providing internal and external support alongside the Group’s Legal & Compliance Director for all legal & compliance related queries including but not limited to IR35, the Agency Worker Regulations, holiday pay and the Conduct Regulations
- To support the Legal & Compliance Team by managing the contract review process, including the reviewing, advising and negotiating of client terms
- To review, maintain and update Group policies in line with regulatory and legislative change and best practice
- To review, maintain and update Group terms of business in line with regulatory and legislative change, Group commercial appetite and best practice
- To produce bespoke terms in response to business need alongside contractual wording, addendums and variations
- To monitor and advise on legislative reform
We are all inclusive
STR Group commit to offer disabled people an interview if they meet the minimum criteria for the job vacancy.
The training programme gave me an outstanding base understanding of recruitment and allowed me to gain the knowledge of how to both attract clients and candidates leading to me having a successful first year. One of the most important things for me is enjoying where you work and at Blackfield, I don’t think I have a single bad memory! I don’t think that you need specific experience to be successful in recruitment just a good work ethic.
STR offered clear progression points and goals to strive for which motivated me. I have always wanted to work in the pharmaceutical industry and had started in pharmaceutical sales. However, when I worked with Blackfield during some work experience, I bought into the culture they have created. Everyone is self-motivated, driven and strives to be the best they can.
When I finished university, I took a role supporting individuals with complex needs in an assisted living home. On starting at STR Group, I joined a warm medico-legal desk where I was able to use my knowledge and experience working with complex health needs and healthcare professionals, and incorporate the skills and training from the Training Academy to make 5 placements. This included Case Managers, Expert Witnesses, and Nurse Analysts.
The Training Academy at STR is very thorough and although I had no background in recruitment or engineering, it enabled me to have a lot of confidence at my desk within a short space of time. Learning the best recruitment processes, along with the best techniques in candidate and client management, gave me the confidence to take on roles of great significance for my clients, enabling me to set a new placement record around international high-salary positions in my first year.